Thursday, October 28, 2010

Social Media and Social Change, Are You Doing It?
I will begin my post by first talking about what I think social change really is. I believe social change involves a group of people who come together for a purpose or a goal and try to achieve that goal through social networks, protesting or just anything to get the attention of the people who can make the changes. For example when I was reading the article How to use social media for social change by Sarah Perez there was a site which had to do with HIV. The site was called http://www.posornot.com/ which was a play on another website that alot of people use where you rate people on there looks (hot or not). Except on this site you had to guess whether or not the people in the pictures were HIV positive or not, which I believed carried a very powerfull message. That is just one example of how powerefull the social media can be when it comes to social change. Something so simple and so accessable to so many people can deliver a message and possibly even get people involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment